The Writer’s Retreat UK
Short, Short Story Competition
Want to see your story in print? We are pleased to announce our next short story competition. We want you to write a short, short story with a minimum of 250 words and a maximum of 1000 words. All genres are welcome.
- 1st – £200, plus a free place on an available Writer’s Retreat UK retreat.
- 2nd – £100, plus 50% discount for an available Writer’s Retreat UK retreat.
- 3rd – £50, plus 50% discount for an available Writer’s Retreat UK retreat.
- 6 additional merit prizes of £15 will be awarded.
- 15 further stories will be shortlisted and will receive a 30% discount on any available Writer’s Retreat UK retreat.
All winning and shortlisted stories will be published on the Writer’s Retreat UK website and will be in the 2020 Short Story Anthology. Every author included in the Anthology will receive a copy.
All prize winning stories will be included in the first Writer’s Retreat UK, Short Story Anthology that will be published early in 2021.
Each individual entry costs an admin fee of £15 per story. Enter now and get the early bird discounted admin fee of £10. You are welcome to enter more than one story, with an entry fee for each.
The final deadline is 29th February, 2020. Timeline:
- 30th September, 2019 – Competition opens for entries
- 31st December, 2019 – last date for £10 early-bird entries
- 29th February, 2020 – Final date for entries
- March, 2020 – Winners and shortlisted stories announced
We also run a regular caption competition on our Facebook page, with some lovely prizes.
Why do we charge an admin fee? We are a small company looking to give a great opportunity for writers to to win some great prizes. Without the admin fee, we cannot cover the expenses of the judges or offer such great cash and discount prizes. As our competitions grow in popularity, we will add addition categories to give you more options for entering, all with the same great prizes. We appreciate your support.