The Writer’s Retreat UK
Short, Short Story Competition
ENTRIES NOW OPEN
Want to see your story in print? We are pleased to announce our first short story competition. We want you to write a short, short story with a minimum of 250 words and a maximum of 1000 words. All genres are welcome.
- 1st – £200, plus a free place on an available Writer’s Retreat UK Lake District retreat.
- 2nd – £100, plus 50% discount for an available Writer’s Retreat UK Lake District retreat.
- 3rd – £50, plus 50% discount for an available Writer’s Retreat UK Lake District retreat.
- 6 additional merit prizes of £15 will be awarded.
- 15 further stories will be shortlisted and will receive a 50% discount on any available Writer’s Retreat UK retreat.
All winning and shortlisted stories will be published on the Writer’s Retreat UK website and will be in the 2019 Short Story Anthology. Every author included in the Anthology will receive a copy.
All prize winning stories will be included in the first Writer’s Retreat UK, Short Story Anthology that will be published in 2020.
Each individual entry costs an early fee of £10, for entries before 17th December, 2018 and is for one story. From December 18th, the entry fee is £15 per story. You are welcome to enter more than one story, with an entry fee for each. The final deadline is 30th January, 2019.
- 6th October, 2018 – Competition opens for entries
- 17th December, 2018 – last date for £10 early-bird entries
- 30th January, 2019 – Final date for entries
- 28th February, 2019 – Winners and shortlisted stories announced
Please read our competition terms and conditions.